Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2011

making a mess but getting organized

I pulled out a lot of fabric for Quilts of Valour from my fabric cupboard.  There were a few containers that were overflowing of either patriotic or country coloured fabrics.  They got taken downstairs to my sewing space and I spent 8 hours pressing fabrics, cutting strips and refolding neatly.

I have some Canadiana fabrics ready to  make more of the blue and white blocks for Quilts of Valour.  I will make some blocks with the flag fabrics so that the quilts are suitable and patriotic.

I have stacks of 2½" strips as well as lots of fabric cut and pressed ready to make pillowcases to go with the Quilts of Valour.  Hopefully, my friend Annie will help me by making them for me? 
The larger pieces of fabric are pressed and folded neatly, ready to stack on the shelf and now I know what I have on hand. 

Also, another job I tackled was to go through all my fabrics with a 'wine' theme and cut fat quarters as well as strips for borders, thinking that I might make a yellow brick road.  These can be put into a bag and taken south with me in the fall for a winter project. 

So, not much accomplished that is finished, but lots of strips cut and organization. 

Have also been busy adding hanging sleeves to quilts for our local quilt show in two weeks and getting the labels onto them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment