We helped to prepare and serve over 1000 hamburgers as a fundraiser for my dh's softball group here in the park last Thursday. Of course, I needed an apron!
One more blue and white quilt top put together. This one still needs a red accent and a border but I think I have appropriate fabric in my stash at home so will wait until April to finish this. I know my Quilts of Valour cupboard only has one quilt in it so I need to get busy and get some tops made, ready to layer and quilt in the spring. It is such a worthy cause.
We had visitors for a few days and unlucky me has had the miserable stomach 'flu' and am still not back to having fun yet!
But tonight it was hockey night in Canada and since the Canucks were playing, I left my dh to his game and I pulled out a container of 2½" strips that were cut intending to make a few of the jelly roll race quilts (also called 1600" quilts). I saw this idea earlier this week, using strips to create bordered blocks and liked it so I started cutting and sewing and pressing. So far I have 12 blocks made. They finish at 8" so I probably should make 44 more for a total of 56. I have lots of strips and will still have enough to use them for my original intention. Another idea for making a Quilt of Valour.
Hmmm - just what I needed another project started while others are still on the design wall.