What a dreary day outside. I find it hard to get motivated to accomplish much but forced myself to get busy since I haven't done much sewing/quilting for quite awhile - at least not a lot to show for myself. I do have excuses such as a daughter in the psych ward at the local hospital, sunny weather that has meant weeding and using my weedeater, grandchildren last weekend, a niece here this weekend and great 'old' friends for dinner this past weekend.
However, enough of the excuses.
I did manage to finish making 10 pillowcases that will be used for any quilts of Valour that get turned into me without a cover. These are ready to go... all pressed and looking nice!
And, I have finished a UFO! I bought this kit/pattern at the Abbotsford Guild quilt show last June and made the top last fall but it didn't get to head south with me to Arizona so it is now quilted and bound and ready for fall or Christmas. It is approx 40" square. Simple but had made an error in the placement of one of the blocks so had to do some frogstitching. UGH. But at least I noticed it before I did the stitch in the ditch quilting.
My two new projects (3 actually but one is still in the planning stage) are two small wall hangings, one is for Canada Day and the other is for May. I still have some UFO's to finish quilting but the need to start something new was too strong for me to resist. :)
We have been busy - or at least my husband has been extremely busy, raising our retaining wall (we live on a cliff/mountainside and the land has been gradually shifting downward) so we now have flat ground for walking on and cutting the grass. The grass seed has been planted and I am busy watching it germinate and grow. This is the view that I have when I step outside of my sewing space.
I did manage to quilt one of my UFO's this past week but need to work on the binding and I hope I have picture of my finished project to show you later this week.