Search This Blog

Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday... happy weekend

We are going to have fun this weekend.  There is a reunion for a hockey team my dh used to play on for years... but a long time ago... will be good to catch up with some 'old' friends.
 
The first quilt is another one that I can't tell you anything about - but I will on Monday.  Some of you might be able to guess if you know me well enough to know one of my weekend activities.
 
 
 


These are some of the finished preemie quilts.  Quilted, bound and already delivered to our guild We Care.   Three are the same pattern but they are different.  Was an easy way to use up some 2½
 strips.  





These are seven quilts that were donated to Quilts of Valour by the quilters who winter in Mesa at Viewpoint.  They were quilted by a longarm quilter in Mesa who did a fabulous job.  Thank you very much to the quilters from Viewpoint.  These quilters are Canadian and are scattered across the country but the QOV rep brought them home to Chilliwack and delivered them to me on Wednesday evening.  I was thrilled with their efforts!  WOW. 
And, they also donated a lovely stack of pillowcases so all the quilts are folded, in their pillowcases and will be heading to CFB Chilliwack next week. 


No comments:

Post a Comment