Follow by Email

Saturday, January 17, 2015


I started a mystery that goes with Downton Abbey.... sounded like fun and this is the first block.  I happened to have a stack of Downton Abbey fat quarters although the mystery requirements use more than fat quarters of each of the fabric choices so my blocks will have lots of fabric substitutions. 
Here is the first block surround by the next block of which I had to make four.  Not a really clear pictures but you can see I am actually working on a few projects.  I need to keep up with this mystery as every Sunday, a new block design is released to coincide with the program.

The left side of my design wall has some fun blocks that I am making for a bright, modern quilt using hexagons.  Working on a few of those blocks at a time. 

And a fun Valentine's fabric basket made from instruction given to us at my Monday quilting group.


A mug rug made for February for my mug rug swap group. 
 I made another hexagon mug rug out of Valentine's fabrics as a demonstration for Sunland Stitchers.


And these blocks made over 15 years ago are finally set and ready to go home for the layering and quilting later this spring.  

This project was made from charm squares and was something I saw online last summer.  I started making it and realized that I really needed another charm pack to continue so found the fabric and have this ready for quilting. Our puppy friend Sadie, was staying with us and she was checking it out! See my Sept 27th post for the beginning of this project... not bad, only four months to get it from start to close to a finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment