Search This Blog

Sunday, February 1, 2015

First of February 2015

January ended with rain... puddles in our back yard!  But rain means sewing weather!! It was sad to miss league tennis play but I managed to clean my sewing room and get a few things accomplished.

I worked on my colourful quilt that uses hexagons.  Waiting for the borders to be added and then it will head home with me in April for quilting and binding.

My Downton Abbey mystery is moving along.  A slight delay while I waited for more fabric to arrives.  I was working with a bundle of fat quarters that I had purchased last fall but then realized that I needed to use more of the required fabrics to create some unity in the design.  Blocks on design wall in no particular order and next set sitting on the ironing board.  The next clue is released today so back to cutting and sewing.

And a truly scrappy mystery that I found on Facebook.  Bricks, Cobblestones and Pebbles.  I am up to date and homework blocks are ready to be added when I find out on Monday how we are using them.

I am using all scraps from my containers of leftovers.

And this morning, something never seen before in Mesa/Phoenix.  FOG... would be normal at home but not here... strange weather.  Today is Superbowl and they are talking about the Seahawks fans bringing their Seattle weather with them to our Valley of the Sun!
But sun is trying to break through and so today should be perfect for getting back to the tennis courts and spending time in my sewing room later while the Superbowl is on tv. 


No comments:

Post a Comment