I have been struggling to find time to spend with my sewing machine and while I have managed an hour there and there, not a lot has been accomplished to show you.
But, there is an upside. I have filled 140 mugs for Quilts of Valour.
And I updated my sample of the blocks that can be found in a mug to make for a Hug Across the Nation quilt.
Plus, I made a presentation of three Quilts of Valour to some deserving veterans in Langley, BC last week.
I have been worked on making 16 patch blocks and have lots of blocks made plus, managed to quilt one of the quilt tops that I brought home from my winter house.
And another 16 patch on my design wall just waiting to have the blocks joined.
And finally, have been working on a Yellow Brick Road, making lots of blocks from kid's prints. My Wednesday quilting group wanted to learn how to make the pattern so we all brought a variety of fat quarters to our weekly meeting and began cutting. Then we sorted out the various pieces we needed and took them home for the stitching and the next cutting step.
I have all my blocks made and am making a preemie quilt from some of them and a slightly larger quilt from the rest. There are some really fun prints and lots of variety with our mixing and matching of fabrics.
And I am really hoping that my slump is over and I will be back on a regular stitching schedule.