Search This Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Some finishes and some new starts

 This is my plus quilt that I have started working on.  Fun way to use cake squares.

My Glorious and Free which will hang in an IPSC center in Chilliwack.  Darn it though... found two mistakes when I took the picture. There are two half square triangles in there that are oriented in the wrong direction and yes, I will fix them!
Pillowcase for Quilts of Valour... great fabric from Countryfolk in Chilliwack!
A Villa Rosa pattern.  Pandemonium.  Love working with these patterns.
This quilt was made by Carole Ann Thomas and she died two years ago.  It was quilted by Bev Nylen and I bound it and it will now be donated to the new hospice unit in Abbotsford in Carole Ann's memory.
The rest of these pictures were taken last Friday in Langley at the quilt show.  Some of these are great inspiration for scrap quilts or patterns that I have on hand.  The first pictures are a great idea of how to label quilts made for donation and it shows how many places the Langley guild donates to.




A yellow brick road made from (I think) 6 fabrics but quite large so the maker would have used two fat quarters of each (or more?). 

A modern variation on a plus quilt.  I try to remember to take a picture of the maker and name of the quilt as well as the pattern but need to get closer! 


Love this idea for scrap squares.  Very effective. 

 This was made by Jean Jones.  She began working on this at a Modern guild sew in. It is a modern split 9 patch with lots of neutrals in the blocks.  Very effective!
 I think this is called love letters and looks neat in blacks, grays and white.
 A great way to use HST's in a quilt. 
 These circles are fun and love the light on dark and then dark on light.
 A row by row from 2015.  I really should get to work on mine!
 I have this pattern and love the way it looks in batik fabrics.
 And, I also have this pattern and have made it a few years ago but was a good reminder that it is a great kid's quilt.
 How about these maple leaf placemats? 
 And this I absolutely LOVE!!!  It was part of a block of the month but she changed it to make it Canadian.  Perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment