Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2016

Rainy weather has me stitching, pressing, quilting and binding and cutting more projects.





 In 10 days, I have made a number of 16 patch quilts from blocks contributed by my Wednesday quilting group but I took the pictures with my phone and then put them on Facebook and so you will have to wait until the quilts are finished to see them.  But it has kept me busy stitching the blocks together and pressing the tops and the pile of quilt tops to be quilted is growing.  I am waiting for some backing fabric to be donated to me by a good quilting friend and also for warmer weather before I head into the basement to load up and get quilting.
This is a pattern by Villa Rosa called Cool Water.  The top was started last December and got finished this month.  Great way to use batiks.
This is a chair... I have two that looked like this.  The fabric was weathered, worn and split.  So, off to Fabricland to find some replacement seat material and then to my neighbours to borrow a staple gun and after a rainy afternoon, this is the result, including covered pillow that was looking worn and shabby.


 A fun mug rug completed. Not too sure how long I have had this kit but thought it was cute for spring.
And speaking of Spring... this is completed.  I was not in time for Spring 2016 but am early and way ahead for Spring 2017!
Now that we are almost at the end of June and our July 1st Canada day celebrations are getting close, I finished this wallhanging from a kit I purchased from Connecting Threads. And it is hanging in my entrance stair well.
And I have my display in the window well of the same stair well all ready for our festive day.
And outside the window and front door, I have a fun garden flag.
I managed to finish my Summer in the Park batik quilt.  This is a pattern/video tutorial from Missouri Star and again, trying to make my stash of batiks smaller.
I have a Cantik kit of a maple leaf and flying geese that I am working on and hopefully it will be done for Canada Day 2016.  Under the beginnings of the Canadian wall hanging, are some blocks that are beginning of a table runner for the SPCA and can be used as a fund raiser.
My design wall with 3 projects on it.  I have my double hourglass blocks, growing.  I need 80 of them to make a quilt the right size for hospice or Quilts of Valour. And still working on using batik strips.
And this is the mess beside my sewing machine.  Binding to be made for the Cantik wall hanging, more hourglass blocks ready to be stitched, another 2 blocks to make for the SPCA table runner and a new project in the basket for the jelly roll project by Samelia's mum.  Ooops, you can't see the basket in this picture or the binding but you get the idea?  Lots of ideas and my days are too short or I am not nearly as efficient as I used to be.  Or, maybe I need to focus on one project at a time? 





No comments:

Post a Comment