First, I need to thank Marcia from Quilter in Motion blog. She drew my name for a package of rotary cutting blades that she was giving away. These are new to me and have just put one into my rotary cutter and will see how I like them. They are supposed to last longer than other blades.
I have a good list of projects for this month that I have either got the tops made or have quilted and some that are completely finished. The heat helped because I hide in my basement when it is too hot to be upstairs. Even with our a/c, the upstairs get that southern exposure sunshine all day long and the house gets fairly warm. Good excuse to hide in the basement!
Tops finished and waiting for quilting:
- floating squares pattern from Missouri Star
- Good Company using Origins cake plate
- SPCA table runner that needs appliqué stitched down and then quilting
- Summer kinderbell which got quilted and binding is ready to stitch down but flowers need to be made and attached as well as the watermelon rind which is made from a strip of ruched fabric
- Hospice 16 patch floral blocks made by Wed quilting group is put together and loaded onto the quilting frame, waiting patiently
Finished projects. These are the best kind!
Sugar Almonds using the strips from a jelly roll of Origins fabric.
A Wednesday Diva group 16 patch made for Quilts of Valour is quilted and bound.