My various machines have been humming along but I haven't got many finishes to show for my efforts.The quilt pictured above is waiting to be quilted. The backing is ready and the batting is cut. This was donated to Quilts of Valour at the Abbotsford quilt guild meeting by a group of quilters from Kamloops.
I did finish making blocks for another star/strip Quilt of Valour. Am pleased that this uses up lots of strips but there are still so many more to be used!
While I was stitching these blocks, I was inspired to start sorting my scrap strips of various widths along with other leftovers from backings and binding fabrics and decided to sort by colour. This is a work in progress but I managed to pull out all the yellows and make blocks.
The blocks were made as sort of a leader/ender project while making star blocks. I made seven yellow blocks and then moved onto blue.
The best part of last week was FINALLY finishing my Kinderbell summer table runner. It had been completed right up to the point of adding the embellishments: ruching for the watermelon rind, embroidery and the ric-rac trim. Well, happy to say, the runner is finished and ready for my window well in the stairway once my Canada Day decor items are put away.
And, I did make a couple of small projects for Canada Day.
Plus, I got my Sew-Sisters blocks done in June.
I really enjoyed the Fraser Valley quilt guild's show. They put on a fabulous display of quilts and it was a fun morning. They used Canada's 150th birthday celebration as their theme and they set up a lovely display as we entered the building.
If I can my bindings finished on quilts that I have recently quilted - then there will be more finishes to show! Right now, back to working on sorting these scrappy strips!