Search This Blog

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Two thirds day... 10 days left in August

August is two thirds gone... never to be seen again!  But, the hot weather kept me indoors and busy quilting while the a/c kept the house comfortable.  I accomplished a lot and am happy.  I still have some bindings to finish up but I have most of my projects quilted which is a good thing.
This is my Challenge list for my modern quilt guild.  I list my projects, that in a perfect world, would get finished by the end of this month.  I am on the way but am sure that 5 of these won't get completed.



1. 150 women's blocks - am done making them
2. Solstice challenge
3. Sew sisters blocks for Canada's birthday Aug, Sept, Oct
4. Quilt of valour blocks using slabs
5. Brown 9 patches
6. Beach bingo blocks from Jolly Bars
7. Downton Abbey quilt Blueberry hill pattern
8. Red and Gray blocks
9. Ohio star blocks
10. King's ransom bright florals
11. Latin Lady using gray grunge
12. Busy Bee with bobby pin fabric
13. Melinda Jo with florals and white background
14. Limelight with gold strips/turquoise

15. Honey bouquet with fabric like paint by number
16. Offset, top from kit from Connecting Threads
17. Maple leaf quilt for QOV
18. Sewing themed blocks
19. Zoe's triangles
20. 16 patch blues/purples

I am hoping that my #18, sewing themed blocks get put together and perhaps Zoe's triangles (but I doubt it) and am determined to work on my 150 blocks and up on the design wall plus, IF I make a supreme effort, maybe, just maybe, my Solstice blocks will get put together and at least make it to the flimsy stage? 

Limelight, a Villa Rosa pattern, is finished.  Binding is done and it is labelled.  I think this will be donated to fire victims in BC.
The red and gray jolly bars is completed and this will be donated to Quilts of Valour Canada.
Offset was a kit from Connecting Threads that I purchased last fall for a good price.  It is done and will be a QOVC donation and, in my sewing room in Arizona, there is another Offset quilt kit waiting for me that I bought even cheaper than this one!
A rainbow scrap quilt that I think is a happy quilt.  I got the pattern idea from Free Motion by the River and it was simple, quick and easy to make and used up some strips of fabric.
Another Villa Rosa pattern, Busy Bee and this has bobby pin fabric along with other 'hair' themed fabrics.  It is a lap quilt and I am thinking that it would make a lovely gift for the hairdresser that takes care of my mother's hair weekly.  Sort of a nice thank you for helping mom in and out of the chair and keeping her hair looking well groomed.
My beach ball quilt started out with some jolly bars and a pattern from the Fat Quarter quilt shop.  I wanted it slightly larger so added in some of my own fabrics to make more blocks.  Not sure, but am thinking that this might also be a good donation to fire victims in the interior of BC?

I have a few other projects quilted and stacked up, waiting for me to be hand stitching down the bindings.  As the evenings grow darker earlier (sadly), it means more time for sitting in my chair, watching tv and working on these quilts. So, hopefully, in the next 10 days, they will have their binding and I will have more finishes!








No comments:

Post a Comment