Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Happy June! Quilting is progressing from UFO status to finished.

A few weeks ago, the hostess of my Wednesday Quilting Group was away so I offered the group the option of coming to my sewing space and working on a guild challenge: to make a quilt of Valour.  I had previously handed out some Canadiana fabric on a Wednesday, suggesting we make 10" (finished) blocks.  We had quite the assortment and created a quilt - with loads of blocks left over to start a second quilt.
I made an effort to get it quilted and one of the group offered to do the binding (thank you Marge) and it is also labelled and is a FINISH!
And, I also managed to get a quilt top from last fall quilted and bound.  This is a simple and fun way to cut up fat quarters to create a quilt.  Quilted and bound!
And, the most fun I have had in ages is making my village houses.  They are finished and I have stitched my rows together and added the small outside border.  Now it waits for quilting.  I will admit I am watching Instagram carefully and looking closely at how other quilters are quilting their projects.  Call it waiting for inspiration?

A nice sight to see out our front door.  The deer have made an appearance and first time we have seen them this spring.
One more project is close to a finish.  I have my hug block sampler quilt sitting by my chair, waiting for the binding to be stitched down and I have one more top layered and waiting for quilting.
Progress and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment