Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Glorious September

After the shock of my Hydro bill, the cooler temperatures of September are welcome.  We used our a/c more this year than in the past.  And the air has certainly been dirtier as I found out when I changed the furnace filters.  UGH. I hope this means our electronic furnace filter is efficient at removing the 'junk' in the air? Air quality has been very poor, with lots of warnings, because of forest fires in our province.

I had a great end to August with lots of projects underway or close to completion.  I am hoping I can keep up the concentration in September to finish more of my projects and get them bound.
I finished a small wall hanging that has been hanging around for a few years.  This was a kit from Connecting Threads that lived in my 'other' house for awhile and now it is living here! And hanging on the wall.


A stack of quilts ready to be quilted.  Backings made and batting cut.  and below is a stack of quilts waiting for binding.  Great projects for the new fall season of tv shows.  Notice I am doing multi tasking cutting batting and watching the U.S. tennis open ... great match between Raonic and Isner. 
 And I have finished another Wednesday Quilt Diva QOVC... this is actually number 5.  It jumped the queue because I stitched the binding down by machine. 
 And I have quilt number 3 for the same happy blocks project with completed binding.  One left!


I am in a teal mug rug swap to support research for Ovarian cancer.  There are 650 swappers that have joined the group which is raising a lot of money to be donated to a worthy cause. We were sent one fabric and need to choose more fabrics to go with.  My swap partner is a dog lover so maybe one of these fabrics with dog bones can be worked into my project?

A preemie quilt for our guild summer challenge got made.. and finished!
A quilt I started last fall from the fabrics and pattern in a Fat Quarter 'box' called Mesa is finished. 
I am up to date on my blocks for the mystery block of the week that is being posted by Sparrow Quilting in Edmonton.  Not too sure how many blocks are in this mystery, but using up some of my leftover polka dot fabric from a  project two years ago.

I have written my lists of what I hope to accomplish and hopefully, no interferences due to 'other' things will happen to deter me from my goals.  Enjoy the approach of autumn though this late summer weather is perfect for me. 



2 comments: