Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Canadian Thanksgiving

We are having a dreary day here for our actual Thanksgiving but the weather means I have been inside and doing a bit of stitching on some projects.

My Wednesday quilting group is exchanging ugly squares and I thought that it would be a good opportunity to play with a new technique.  Using the idea from Let's Twist, I made up my own ruler since my squares were 6½" not the 5" or 10" that the pattern called for.

Notice that I mitered the striped border fabric - unusual for me to do borders that way but the striped fabric told me it was necessary.

I bought a kit of fabrics from a now defunct quilt shop two years ago - Quiltopia - and it had 6 fat quarters in raspberry and brown.  I added in six more fat quarters from my stash and made this lap/twin size quilt.  I think it will eventually be donated to Quilts of Valour unless a different worthy cause crops up first.

This last project was a kit I purchased at our guild's quilt show in June.  I have been making the half square triangles and now need to play with their arrangement.  It will be a table topper and if this rainy weather continues will have this top ready for layering and quilting in the next few days.




No comments:

Post a Comment