Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Two finished quilts

I have two finished quilts ready for show and tell at guild on Tuesday and to begin the process of replenishing my stash for Quilts of Valour. 

The first is a quilt that I have been making maple leaf blocks for over a year and also had some blocks given to me by a guild member.  This is the second quilt I have made using Marge's idea of the alternating hourglass block.  I had some hourglass blocks left from the last quilt I made so used them and added new ones. 



The other quilt I have finished is a current one that I played with this summer.  I saw an online video and watched and copied the ideas.  Was fast and easy to make but will be perfect, I think, for Quilts of Valour.  So two to add to my cupboard. 

2 comments:

  1. Great job on both, Carolyn! And congrats on finishing a UFO. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nan. My UFO pile is diminishing.. slightly!

    ReplyDelete