Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cooler weather means quality time in my sewing room.

I have finished putting the blocks together for my Iced tea flannel quilt.  The quilting will be done once I get home in the Spring.  It is easy to take or mail home tops rather than finished quilts.




My Majestic Mountains quilt is also put together with borders added and will join the other finished quilt tops in the box of stuff to go home in March.



On my design wall is a purple and green strip quilt I started last fall.  Who knew I had so many purple and green strips in my 2½" container?  I am sure I could make at least another 2 or 3 of these!



Yesterday, I took a class on making a twisted bargello table runner.  The sample I am showing is NOT mine, it was the teacher's sample. 


I am truly thankful to my good quilting friend, Janet in San Diego, for lending me her Featherweight to use for taking to Wednesday sewing for charity here in our park.  I used it yesterday to take to class and the tension is just awesome on this machine.  Sews like a charm!  You can see my fabrics sewn together in my strata, waiting to cut into strips and staggered, resewn together but wanted to cut at home and use my design wall to lay out.  However, the wall has my purple/green blocks on it so will get those put together so I can work on the table runner. 


Here is another class sample from yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment