Search This Blog

Monday, February 11, 2013

Raining... again... in AZ?

Hard to believe but it is cold and rainy here.  Not much warmer than back home right now!  And even harder to believe is that our temps will be hot by the weekend?  Crazy weather patterns.
Anyway, this morning, once my chores were done, I played around in my sewing room trying to figure out what I might work on next. 
I found some really old blocks I started four years ago, didn't like what I had done, unpicked some seams and did a bit of matching, as best as possible and then started cutting fabric into pieces ready to make a bunch more of these blocks.  The blocks on the design wall are the 'fixed' ones though some I am still unhappy with - but, it will be a scrap quilt so hopefully they will be hidden in the quilt.


The fabrics on the left are more of my half hexies and put up alternating, light and dark.  I need to cut more of these and play with the layout.  I saw a picture last week that was my inspiration.  The picture was actually a pattern for sale for a crazy price and I had an 'aha' moment when I saw it and figured out how easy it is to do. 

I need to sew like crazy for the next few days before it gets hot here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment