Search This Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Slowing down with my piecing

Crazy weather here in Arizona.  On Wednesday, I managed to get a few hours of time in my sewing room during the rainstorm but otherwise, have been busy with tennis and social activities and not spending as much time with my sewing machine. 

These blocks were ones that I started four years ago.  A quilting friend in Colorado sent me a box of strips and I began making the center four patches.  This week, I finished making the blocks and turned them into a quilt top ready for layering, quilting and binding.  Will be a good donation to Quilts of Valour. 

I still have lots of Aunt Gracie fabrics after making my flying geese baby quilts and after visiting a quilter's garage sale!  The pile of fabrics grew instead of getting smaller!!
So, this is my next project, making lots of half square triangles and playing with ideas for layouts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment