It is winter weather in Arizona and it rained all day Monday and Tuesday so.... sewing machine has been humming. I have so many projects on the go and am trying to work on two at a time so that some of them get to the finished flimsy stage and my project list is reduced. Once they are a flimsy, they are easier to pack in a suitcase for the return trip home.
I worked on my Summer in the Park Revamped from Missouri Star and have the top completed! Needs quilting and binding but that will happen in the spring when I get back to my summer home and my home quilting system. I did reduce my brown strips container somewhat but the leftover strips are nicely organized into light, darks and mediums.
And I continue to work on my Summer in the Park original from Missouri star. The blocks are coming together slowly and I have 24 more left to make as of last night. My container of batik strips does not seem to be any smaller? But I did sort and organize my batiks into a container of larger pieces or fat quarters, a bag of small scraps and went through all the other pieces and cut them into 5" squares... because I have an idea that I saw on Missouri star yesterday. More to come on that when some of these other projects in progress get finished to the flimsy stage!
I have my strip twist (Bonnie Hunter, Quiltville) almost finished. It is off the design wall and needs pressing and one more quilt top ready for the next step. My leftover green strips are neatly arranged in a container and not nearly as many left as when I started. That feels good!
I have been keeping up with my 9 patch a day and the stack is getting larger. Am thinking of how I will set these and probably should be doing either the alternate blocks or adding some more rounds to these blocks... still not sure but if I figured it out and did the next step, it would be a good thing.
My friend Darlene was asking about the split 9 patch so, of course, that motivated me to grab a charm pack and some of my 5" squares that I had in a container and now another project started the last week of 2015 and being worked on between my other projects that are on the go. I seem to have lots of projects that I am working on all at once but my real goal was to get projects started and turn ideas into a quilting reality and have projects in containers, ready for me to just grab and stitch without too much planning and cutting. That way, once the sunshine and warmth returns to Arizona and I am back on the tennis courts for a few hours a day, I will be able to sit and stitch for a few minutes here and there and just turn on the machine and grab fabric from a container and just go for it!