Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Back in my other house for spring and summer seasons

Home but not very organized.  I did a major cleanout and tidying of my sewing space in Arizona.  It was a good opportunity to bring home lots of supplies since we were driving which is unusual for us to do.  I filled the back of the vehicle with all my treasures and they are still piled up around my sewing space here in BC.  Oh well... one day at a time.
But look how nice it looks in Arizona.  This is what I will return to... a place for everything and everything in it's place!  Just how I like it.








I did make blocks out of a Downton Abby jelly roll before I left but wasn't happy with the blocks.  I think I need more so packed up some of the other fabrics I had that go with the blocks and will make more to get to to the size I want. And it might look better with a border? 



And some of my 9 patches made it into this quilt top and it is now here with me, ready to be quilted and donated to Quilts of Valour.



Our quilt group in Mesa had a one day quilt show the Saturday before I left and these are some pictures of a few of the projects that caught my eye, for one reason or another.  One of these is the paint chip challenge that we held and I did post a picture of mine earlier but here it is again with the tag on it showing 3 of the chips I used.

 Great idea for my Aunt Gracie fabrics?
 Fun scrappy quilt?
 Took this picture to show my friends who do a lot of machine embroidery
 Love this use of batiks
 I have this pattern so this is inspiration to get it out and make a table runner
 Really interesting placemats.
 And more placemats that were part of the paint chip challenge
 I like this idea for a setting for more of my 9 patch blocks
 Another good idea for a scrap quilt. 

 Interesting block that creates a scrappy quilt and loved the quilting on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment