Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gloomy Tuesday

We certainly aren't getting any summer weather here in the Pacific West Coast.  Another day of gloomy clouds and cool temperatures.  But, the good news is that I don't have any guilt for not being outside doing 'chores' or gardening.

Yesterday I decided to add a bit of free motion quilting to the white background on my Scrap Happy wall hanging and I think it finishes it off a little more.



Since it is Canada Day on Sunday, I decided I needed another red/white table runner to use in my window space as you go downstairs in my house.  I have a stack of red and white maple leaf blocks that I have been working on since last summer to use in Quilts of Valour but decided that I could three of them for a runner. 


This is where it is located in my window well or whatever it is called.  I suppose it could be a window seat but seems a funny place to sit and read? So, instead, I use the space for seasonal decor and change it around every month or so?  I have other things I add to the space - some duck decoys and a bit of pottery. 


Now, I have three projects to finish from my winter sewing.  I need to add some free motion quilting to the guild mystery quilt.  There is a 10" Let's Twist all layered and calling my name for some quilting and the wine quilt that will head to California that needs layering and quilting.  So, after lunch and my daily walk for the mail, I am going to motivate myself to sit at my machine and get started.  Would much rather be working on something new, different and exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment