Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sewing Sunday

I have been a little busy outside of my sewing space.  My husband has a new knee and so outside chores and nursing seem to be my responsibility as well as driving him to his appointments, getting his medications, generally trying to be upbeat even though he is still in an incredible amount of pain. 

Friday was my first day of having a bit of time to play and I cleaned up my sewing area, dusted, and gave both my Pfaffie and my Brother a good cleaning, filled bobbins and changed them around so that I now am ready to do some piecing and finish quilting a few projects in the coming days. 

Yesterday I decided to scrap my great intentions of finishing all my machine quilting projects before I started any new piecing.  Great idea!!

Last summer I began making some maple leaf blocks - the pattern is available on the Canadian Quilts of Valour website and I have handed out a few hundred copies of this block.  One quilter at the last guild meeting gave me a few that she had made.  Not too sure what happened to the quilters who took the other 199 copies? 

A big thank you to Marge for showing me this setting.  I think it is perfect!


Yes, I know one of the blocks is switched to another direction - thought it added the Amish touch of not being quite perfect?

I also spent some time today getting out my Canada Day wall hangings, garden flag and table runner and placemats.  Under my window in the stairway there is a lovely oak counter/sitting space where I like to have some seasonal displays and I realized that I need a runner for that space.  Since I have been making these red and white blocks for over a year now, I took three of them and created a runner that I will hopefully get layered and quilted tomorrow. 


I am getting a little more time to spend with my sewing machine as my husband becomes a little more indepedent in his recovery. He is managing to get in and out of bed on his own, walk with crutches and get his own snacks meaning I don't have to rush when beckoned.  More time for me to play until I have to go outside and work in the yard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment