Search This Blog

Saturday, June 30, 2012

More yukky weather

Gee, I hope I don't sound like I am complaining too much about our weather.  I feel bad that we are soggy and wet and cool while others are suffering from floods, heat and wildfires and nasty storms.  At least we are out of the flood zone here, up on our mountain. 
But still, it is dismal and was a lousy day to celebrate my official welcome to being a senior citizen! 

The only sewing thing I managed to do is to lay out and spray baste my last project from winter piecing.



The weather is so wet here but on the news the other evening, a professional gardener explained that anything green and leafy was thriving in our tropical rain forest and so I took a picture of my rhubarb which should be finished by the end of June - it isn't, it looks like it is thriving.  Notice that we did have a day of sunshine yesterday! 



This is my idea for quilting my wine themed quilt.  Will see how it works.  I drew wine bottle shapes onto freezer paper and ironed them to the quilt top to free motion quilt around?  Will see how it works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment