Search This Blog

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Second UFO this week!

I knew once I got going on the quilting and binding of these tops that I had sitting here, I would be crossing some projects off my UFO list.  And here is another one that I have done this week.  This is a Yellow Brick Road pattern and I used some fat quarters that I bought in a kit from a quilt shop that has sadly closed its doors.  I think I had the kit for about 3 years?  I made the top last September but didn't get it quilted before we headed south for the winter.

This might a good quilt to keep on hand for a 'just in case' quilt.  Sometimes it is good to have a quilt for those times when you need one to give to someone who needs some comfort? 


It looks pink and brown in the picture but the pink fabric is really a red and white plaid. 
Haven't thought of a name for this one yet, but I will. 

And, because I am really wanting to work on some piecing, I dug out my maple leaf blocks that I have working on since last spring and decided to copy a quilt that was made for Quilts of Valour by Marge.  She set her maple leaves with hourglass blocks and this is what I have done so far. 



Once I get this one done I think I will still have lots of maple leaf blocks so will come up with another idea as to how to set them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment