Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mid May, rolling along with more finishes

I have finished a few projects recently.  This first one is a Thangles block of the month for the local quilt shop, Hamels and they will be happy to have it to show the finished quilt to their customers.





This next quilt is one that I started three years ago.  I sold a quilt made from quarter square triangles at our last quilt show and it was a fun project so I started making blocks using the same technique for Quilts of Valour.  The blocks were so busy looking that I saw a quilt that used the bar or strip of fabric and that seemed to calm the quilt down a little, keeping your eye from jumping like crazy all over the place! 




These last two quilts were made from blocks that were swapped with quilting friends via the internet.  Am sure that they were from Quilter's Funtalk group but I didn't seem to have many names with the blocks that I recognized.  The blocks in both quilts have to be over 10 years old - they are from way back when purple was the 'in' colour!


No comments:

Post a Comment