Search This Blog

Friday, May 23, 2014

Winter projects are finished and something new!

This is a red, brown and beige quilt made using the X block ruler and strip sets.  It will be a Quilt of Valour donation.






After I made my 50 Shades of Gray quilt last summer, I had some hst's leftover and that was start of another project using the same variety of fabrics and colours.



I demonstrated the use of the X block ruler to my winter quilting group, the Sunland Stitchers and this was one that I made from 9 patches. 


That finishes up my winter projects.  All are quilted and bound!  Yippee.

Today, while watching season 1 of Mr. Selfridge, I practised making a zippy bag.  The modern guild I belong to is having a swap with the Victoria guild and so I needed to make a bag to get the feel for sizes, quilting, inserting the zipper etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment