Search This Blog

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Too hot to be a sewing maniac!

Very hot here in the Pacific Northwest.  Breaking temperature records and lots of forest fires all around the province. 
I have been hiding in the basement but even feels too hot to use the iron much so I pieced a lot yesterday and left the pressing until late last night. 
Today, we had no electricity for most of the day so we escaped and it has been a complete no sewing day at all!!

I worked on a Lemonade quilt inspired by my buddy, Bonnie.  The pattern is free from the Fat Quarter shop and it was a good way to use a layer cake.  Most of my quilts of Valour have been sent to Edmonton or are ready to head in that direction so time to start making more.


and I completed 2 of my rows for the Row by Row.  One is from A Great Notion in Surrey and other from Hamel's in Chilliwack.





I played with another pattern that uses layer cakes called Double Slice and it is on my design wall waiting to be pieced together. 


Then I was happy to finally get my 16 patch put together and pressed, ready for quilting. 


The forest fires are really bad in the province and the smoke is blowing down through our valley.  It is really thick out there tonight.




So, almost a week into the month of July and nothing finished but some starts for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment