Follow by Email

Sunday, July 31, 2016

end of July, new month tomorrow

Time goes by quickly when you are either having fun or getting lots done.  This was a good month for me.
First, I need to thank Marcia from Quilter in Motion blog.  She drew my name for a package of rotary cutting blades that she was giving away.  These are new to me and have just put one into my rotary cutter and will see how I like them.  They are supposed to last longer than other blades.




I have a good list of projects for this month that I have either got the tops made or have quilted and some that are completely finished.  The heat helped because I hide in my basement when it is too hot to be upstairs.  Even with our a/c, the upstairs get that southern exposure sunshine all day long and the house gets fairly warm.  Good excuse to hide in the basement!

Tops finished and waiting for quilting:
- floating squares pattern from Missouri Star
- Good Company using Origins cake plate
- SPCA table runner that needs appliqué stitched down and then quilting
- Summer kinderbell which got quilted and binding is ready to stitch down but flowers need to be made and attached as well as the watermelon rind which is made from a strip of ruched fabric
- Hospice 16 patch floral blocks made by Wed quilting group is put together and loaded onto the quilting frame, waiting patiently

Finished projects.  These are the best kind!
Sugar Almonds using the strips from a jelly roll of Origins fabric.
A Wednesday Hospice quilt... the first of many that use up some of our floral fabrics.

Turquoise and Purple 16 patch started last fall and finally finished.
Brown summer in the park that I began working on last December while at my winter home.  This used a lot of my brown strips cut from 'older' fabric. It was pieced by me and quilted by Myrna in Princeton for Quilts of Valour.
And my brown split 9 patch for Quilts of Valour, also quilted by Myrna is labelled and ready to be donated.  I started this one last December as well.
Love this batik double hourglass.  The pattern is a Villa Rosa pattern and it was a great way to use my scrappy strips of batiks.  I liked it so much and it made such a good dent in my strips that I spent a day cutting more strips of batiks from fabrics that I have had on hand for ages.
I put together 3 preemie quilts from leftover blocks from the Yellow Brick Road demonstration that I did for my Wednesday Diva group.  They all made quilts and gave me their leftover blocks. These are two of them but three are quilted and waiting for binding.


A Wednesday Diva group 16 patch made for Quilts of Valour is quilted and bound.
This quilt was made by dearly departed Carole Ann Thomas.  I have had the top for two years and it was quilted by Myrna in Princeton and bound and is now ready for donation to Quilts of Valour.
I have these Canadian Quilts of Valour tote bags which are a fundraiser.  They are available for $3 as is or, if you prefer, for $5 you can get the bag plus a small kit of cut fabric to make a hug block.
And of course, I can't have an empty design wall so I am still working on using floral 10" squares to make another hospice quilt.
And thus, July is ending and time to write my list of goals and projects for August.









No comments:

Post a Comment