Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Past the mid point of July

I belong to a yahoo group called Heartstrings and they have a challenge for July to quilt UFO's and get them ready for binding.  I have risen to the challenge as well as working on a few other projects. I have been hoping for some hot weather here in the Pacific Northwest as it is quite lovely and cool in my 'bunker'... high ceilings and underground.

This batik floating half square triangle quilt is finished - even the binding is done.  Labelled and ready to go either quilts of valour or the new hospice though I don't think it is long enough even though it is happy and bright.  And this is a new venture for me.  I am using batiks for donation quilts.  Big step!! This is a Missouri Star tutorial.


And I also pieced a quilt called Sugar Almonds, found on Samelia's mom website.  Great way to use a jelly roll plus a matching fabric for the edges.  Makes a nice sized quilt and my only issue was that my design wall wasn't quilt long enough to have all the strips visible so had to resort to laying it out on the floor.
My floating squares from Missouri Star continues to grow as I use the pieced blocks as leaders and enders.
 I need to get it ready to start stitching blocks together because I have a project waiting for the design wall space. Another project underway is my summer Kinderbell runner. Supposed to be a bench pillow but a runner works better in my window well space.
At Modern Guild this week, we had a mug rug swap.  Silly me didn't take a picture of mine.  I made it from strips of selvedges overlapped and stitched across the diagonal.
This is the one I got in return from Kate of http://www.sewfabulous.ca and she played with machine quilting using the backing as her design.  She followed the circles in the backing to create a funky design on the front.  And notice her perfect points where the triangles meet in the center!  Impressive! Thank you Kate.


One more project has the blocks pieced, they need pressing and trimming and then I need my design wall.  And I have a stack of 16 patch blocks from my Wednesday Diva quilting group waiting to be put together plus a 16 patch waiting to be loaded onto the B-line for quilting.  Never a dull, boring or finished moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment