Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

My week and Sunday Morning Quilts




These are more slab blocks to give to Cheryl to take back to Calgary after our workshop.  She will get together with some friends and turn them into finished quilts for flood victims. 


On Sunday, I taught a class and made this table topper as my class sample.



A friend gave me a cake plate and asked me to create a quilt top to send to Calgary for flood victims so it is now on its way. 

I attended a class today taught by Cheryl Arkison, author of Sunday Morning quilts.  This is her quilt and it was really neat to see it up close and in person. 

 
 
My red slab blocks and one purple block.  I wasn't too keen on making this quilt until the class today and now I might just rethink that and get busy and make more blocks in other colours.  The quilt is called the missing 'u' because in her book, she had to remove the 'u' from colour and favourite and other words that we use that letter in but the U.S. doesn't!
 
 
Some of what we had accomplished by early afternoon.
 
 
 
Now, I have to put all my stuff away!  UGH!! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment