Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December in Arizona

The days I spent quilting seem to be few but am trying to get a few projects going and have a few finishes before the end of the year.

The first is a set of placemats that need to be backed and quilted.  Hopefully soon!


My southwestern wallhanging is finished!  Took almost the entire year to get it made but it is ready to go up on the wall when the Christmas decorations are taken down.


I made a few gift bags to put wine in when we get invited out for dinner.  I demonstrated the technique for making these on Monday to my quilt group here in the village.  The bags are also good for taking fancy vinegars or oils and it was suggested packaging cookies in empty Pringles containers and they would fit in the bag nicely.


Four flannel pillowcases... sadly, I cut them a bit short in the body so they are barely long enough to cover a standard pillow.  GRRRRR



The final project that I have been working on is a quilt top made from shoo fly blocks exchanged with my Funtalk quilters group.  I am guessing 10 years ago?  I played with various settings and decided to keep them simple and basic to show off the blocks.  This is an older UFO that will get layered, quilted and bound in the spring when I am back in my summer home. 

1 comment: