Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2016

February... a new month to plan and to accomplish.

I was given a great idea by Sandy of my Queen of UFO's group.  She explained that she makes a list of four projects to focus on at a time - the FAB FOUR.  I am used to a list of 10 for the month but four for a week sounds like something I want to try. I use a white board for my current projects, projects that need quilting and a list of 'ideas' plus important activities for my quilting group that need to be accomplished (door prize, birthday fat quarters etc).

I did get my blocks for my Canadiana rail fence made and used up a lot of strips out of my container of leftovers.  Ready to head back to my summer home for quilting.   Kind of different and quite busy but each block uses one strip of light and one strip of dark, stitched together lengthwise, then cut into 4.5" sections... 9 of them and there is very little waste.  I like patterns with little or no waste.


And am working diligently on my split 9 patch using charm squares.  Started off with a charm pack but needed more squares so went through more of my leftover fabrics from other Quilts of Valour projects and found some that would fit into the quilting plan.

More blocks needed to finish this one up and get the blocks stitched together.  Today's quilt tops will be for injured military through Quilts of Valour.

No comments:

Post a Comment