Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Two days in a row!

Amazing that I am posting two days in a row but it means I am getting some projects finished and some started.

First, there is always one row left over when I make the 16 patches if using Canadian fat quarters so I have been taking those apart and making 4 patches from the leftover strip.  Am adding in a plain square of fabric to create some sort of  donation quilt that is using up stash fabric plus the four patches.  So far, so good, IF you like purple. 


I have my second Yellow Brick road quilt finished.  It is large enough to donate to either New Beginnings (mom's who go back to school after giving birth to a child) or Peardonville House which is a home for mom's who are undergoing rehab from drug use and we like to give their children a small quilt to cuddle.




Last December I read somewhere (a place long forgotten) about making a 9 patch a day in 2016.  I started making the 9 patches and accumulated quite a few.  I added some teal borders to each block while still in Arizona and brought the blocks home. There were lots of blocks but only worked with enough to make a quilt a good size for Quilts of Valour and there is still a bag of blocks waiting for me this autumn when I return.  I got the blocks joined, quilted and the binding is done.  One more completed quilt from my stash.  How come my fabric stash doesn't look any less than a year ago?  Some of these teal fabrics are really old and my quilting friends recognized a number of them from early days of quilting.

And now, back to getting more accomplished.  I try for an hour of bonding with my machine daily plus, I use my tv watching time to my advantage and work on binding while being entertained by my favourite shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment