Search This Blog

Sunday, July 9, 2017

A good first week in July

I don't have a lot of 'finishes' but have been having fun with strings and really think that I am almost done organizing them.  Today I vacuumed and have my sitting area all tidy and clean and free of threads.
I have made some more string blocks as well.






 I quilted and bound my one of my Quilt of Valour string quilts.




And I quilted and bound these maple leaves.  The top was made by Darlene H. and she gave it to me to finish up for her.  It is a donation to Quilts of Valour.
And yesterday I played and made this fabric containers.  The modern guild that I belong to is going to have a swap and so I practiced the pattern so that I would know what I am doing when I stitch one up for another quilter in the guild.
This quilt is now pieced and ready for quilting.  It is my second strip star for Quilts of Valour.  A friend made one of these and she put sashing between the blocks and I think it looks much better and less 'busy' so IF I make another one, I will try that Once it is finished, I think I need to work on some projects that are in progress... blocks waiting to be put into a quilt!
Too many UFO's!



No comments:

Post a Comment