Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Third post in January.. wow!


My "happy" blocks are growing ... there is a nice stack of them on the ironing board and I have a stack ready to stitch on my sewing machine table.

I also have more of my 9 patch surrounded blocks made... am using these as leaders and enders for my flannel squares project.
Of course, I can't limit myself to 3 projects and have been playing with a pattern I found online yesterday for huge split 9 patches.  The blocks are 10" squares sewn into a 9 patch and split in half in each direction.  I love big blocks and fast and easy is great for donation quilts.  This was such a happy fabric, I thought it would be fun to see how the block would look when stitched and cut.


And my flannel squares are progressing towards a finished quilt top.  Can you tell that I am not enthusiastic about this project?  But, one day at a time and making myself work on it along with these other projects. The larger flannel squares all got trimmed down to make them 5". 

I was at tennis practice at 7am and then hung around the courts for awhile, chatting... I know, hard to believe that I would stand around visiting with other players but that is what I do best!  Home to catch up on emails and now, a little bit of housework and a free afternoon to play in my sewing room.  My hubby is playing ball so no one to distract me and if he does come home, he will be heading to bed since he has the "man cold".  I tried to keep him from catching it from me but no luck.. strange though how it took a full two weeks before he showed any signs of having caught it... but he has all the signs now of a full fledged cold.  Yuck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment