Search This Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Stitching and planning but not many finishes!

One quilt totally finished... binding is on!  The stack of quilts to be bound is smaller but am trying to "grow" the pile without a lot of success.  Five days left in August to complete 4 quilts?
This quilt is a giant split 9 patch made by using 10" squares.  I thought it was a good choice for the large scale daisy prints?
So what else have I been working on?
Well, my orange RSC (rainbow scrap challenge) strips and rail fence blocks for August are made!
13 strip pieced blocks and 44 rail fences. Can cross that off the list and now wait to see what colour is chosen for September. And my orange scraps are ready to be sorted and put away.

I have been working on some blocks that are being sent out by Sparrow Quilting in Edmonton.  So far, there have been 6 blocks released and I have 2 completed with #3 cut and ready to stitch.
I also decided that I better start on a block of the month that is called Heartland Heritage and I have stitched Jan and Feb blocks.  I am obviously way behind but have great plans to get caught up.
And blocks are made for our modern guild bingo game in September. There were specifics as to types of fabrics and colours to make our game boards.  I need to remember to pack some buttons for markers.  The blocks will be collected after we play and made into community quilts.
I have fabric ready to make a sample of my fat quarter block quilt that I will be demonstrating to the Abbotsford guild in September.  Only a couple of weeks away so I need to get cutting and stitching and have my samples in various stages of completion. I won this stack of fat quarters at a guild lottery and have added in a few more fabrics to get the number to 20 which makes a nice size donation quilt.
And, I have pulled out a kit from Connecting Threads that I have had kicking around for a year or more... not sure if it was from last year or previous to that?  Time to get the wallhanging made and an appropriate project for this time of year.
I worked quite diligently this week on my Quilter's planner blocks and got them finished for the rest of the year.  This is one project that I do not want to haul back to Arizona for the winter and don't want to come home next spring and have a half finished quilt.  I made the rest of the blocks and got the setting done and outer border added.  It isn't important to get it quilted, that can wait but you never know if it makes into September's pile of projects.
This panel was in the bottom of the basket that I pulled out to work on the guild's preemie challenge.  I am pretty sure this was a panel from Wed Quilt Diva Dee.  I added an outer border to get the panel to an appropriate size and all it needs is layering, quilting and binding.
I do have my preemie challenge ready for quilting but you need a bit of patience to see it as I don't seem to have taken a picture of it.  Next posting, it will be done!
We finally have rain and this time last week, the a/c was chugging away to keep us cool but today, the furnace is running to warm up the house?  Crazy weather.  Sunshine tomorrow which will be wonderful after a good soaking by Mother Nature but sure makes me want to hibernate.  Autumn is on the way! 

Hopefully, my next post will have some progress on blocks of the month and quilting! 





2 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got a lot going on in your sewing room! Hope you can keep all the projects straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep telling myself, it would be better to work on one project at a time and then I see or think of another idea and off I go.

    ReplyDelete