Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Winding down and gearing up.

1. Layer cake started at retreat
2. Catch up on my CQA 52 blocks in 52 weeks
3.  Layout, join blocks and quilt and bind my last Baby Bricks #3
4. Stitch the last 3 blocks for QOVC for 2019 samples and cut kits
5. Make some samples of Garden Stiles for Canada Stitches for October
6. Quilt and Bind Sunrise
7. Quilt and bind QOVC log cabin #3
8. Quilt and bind QOVC log cabin #4
9. Quilt and bind Joannes quilt top for QOVC
10. Summer Solstice.
11. Rainbow scrap challenge blocks in black/brown/gray
12. Doorprize for modern guild for Oct
13. Meadow  Mist mystery step 2 
14. Complete  my mitten block  

This was my list for October and I did fairly well, adding in one last project for the month.  We are leaving on a jet plane soon and this all that is going to get done.  This mitten has been waiting for a long time to go from pattern/fabric to a small hanging for my hallway display.  Perfect for December/January?
Sunrise got quilted. I had so many ideas but in the end, just wanted it done so did something simple.
Binding is finished as well and will have a better picture after I show it at Wednesday Divas tomorrow.
My 52 blocks in 52 weeks are caught up.  I was behind by 9 weeks but once you cut the fabric for the blocks, they go together very quickly
The last thing I wanted to get to the quilt top stage was this Missouri star pattern using layer cakes.  I changed it when I didn't think I liked the way it looked... but now, I think the first way was probably the best?
It was really hard to balance the colours and drove me crazy rearranging blocks until I finally said "enough" and just put it together.  It will join one other top waiting for quilting.  Not bad, only two tops!
I am now tidying and organizing my spaces and will dust, vacuum and then am done until we return home later this year.  For the first time in many years, I am looking forward to being home and doing a bit of Christmas baking... trying to think positive here!

Am sure that not much sewing/piecing/quilting will get done for the rest of this month because my machine at my other house needs servicing badly.  She has been neglected for about 7 years and I think it is time to give her some professional TLC.  This year is going to be much better for me for quilting.  I will be able to join the quilting group, Sunland Stitchers as my tennis game days have changed and am looking forward to being a part of the group.





No comments:

Post a Comment