Search This Blog

Sunday, November 8, 2020

November 2020 - in the Pacific Northwest

 This is the first time in 15 years that we have been here in the Pacific Northwest for November and it is a bit of a change for us.  Normally, we head to Arizona and soak up the last of the summer heat and head into a 'warm' winter.  Here, we are having sunny but cold days, wet and rainy days and blah, overcast days.  However, quilter is never without projects.  And, when the courts are dry, we bundle up and head outside for some fresh air and exercise. 

I am posting my list for November - updated

November 2020

1.       Quilt 2 preemies

2.       Quilt Christmas tumblers

3.       Quilt Christmas framed fat quarters

4.       Quilt child’s white/leftover hsts

5.       Quilt framed jolly bars

6.       Quilt Cdn squares 3 yd quilt

7.       Quilt Twizzle

8.       Quilt Ohio Star

9.       Quilt gray/bright jelly roll hst

10.   Quilt hourglass jelly roll

11.   Quilt Stepping stones

12.   Quilt fat quarters framed Heartstrings Jan

13.   Cdn Happy Blocks

14.   Solstice (UFO)

15.   Aunt Gracie’s charms (UFO)

16.   Mors bags: food  themes

17.   10 min tablerunner (UFO)

18.   Row by Row 2016 moose scenic (UFO)

19.   Hot pads – jelly roll/rope

20.   Mystery step 3 Meadowland

21.   FVMQG: Make #1 Nov

22.   FVMQG: Make #2 Nov

23.   Diamond tote bag

24.   Tshirt quilt

25.   Start an embroidery project

26.   Start a knitting project 

I aI am working on quilting 13 projects this month and getting them bound.  Two of the three boxes that I mailed to myself from Mesa to WA state in March have gone from the normal place that we pick up our mail from to another place that offered a service to deliver to BC. That didn't work out and the stopped the service but the gal there did repack my items and mailed through USPS and Canada Post what I hoped were all the quilting items.  I seem to be missing some binding, but I can live with that.   Not too sure if I will ever my third box of personal items but time will tell.

S

This is Boo.... finished in time for Halloween.  Wow, was that really only 8 days ago?  


 These are the tops that came in the first box that arrived from Mesa.  My piecing from last Jan-Mar.

So, I made an effort to get battings cut and backings made for each of the quilts PLUS what I had on hangers from my Sept and October stitching. I chose to quilt the two smaller preemie quilts first so I could enjoy some success!


So, they are finished and I am happy with two completions early in the month.  I have crossed them off my list at the top of the page.

These ones have been quilted and the bindings are made, just waiting for a rainy day and good Hallmark movie to watch while I stitch them on.  Close but not quite finished.
I have this one layered and waiting also for a good movie on tv.  Maybe while I watch Dancing with the Stars on Monday evening?
Enough trimming and scraps to fill a pillowcase and it just needs stitching up and will be donated to the homeless shelter. 
This one is done and waiting for binding.
Canada 52 blocks waiting to be finished with borders on the last few blocks that arrived from Mesa and then I can lay them out and get the top put together.
This one is currently on my B-line home quilting system and will be next to be quilted.  I have developed a bit of a system.  With tennis at 1pm, I was having trouble finding time to quilt but now, I load a quilt in the evening and quilt it in the morning or vice versa.  It is working for me and had a good week getting quilts from a pile waiting to be quilted to the pile waiting for binding.  Progress.
This one will be up next on the quilt system.
And, these are waiting for their turn.
Two projects that I picked up from the modern guild that I need to turn into quilt tops.  One day?

Binding ready to press for another quilt.
One final project... charms for Heartstrings for November that I need to do something with... again, one day, later this month.
And there you have it.  November, and time to keep working on projects. 

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn- your quilts are beautiful and you always accomplish so much

    ReplyDelete