Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July and summer weather is here to stay

 We had that horrible heat dome over us for too many days and our a/c, which is exactly 3 years old (in May) decided that it wasn't designed for weather temperatures as hot as we experienced so staying cool was a challenge while we were breaking temperature records here in the Pacific Northwest.

Oh well.  The weather has moved eastwards and I feel like I lost a week from my life.  It was stay cool, drink loads of water and be calm and read while trying to also water the flowers and vegetables and keep everything alive.  

We are back to our regular routine of tennis every morning but it has taken me longer to get back into my quilting schedule and not much seems to be accomplished.  

I did manage to get two quilts loaded on the B-line and get them quilted and both are also labelled and bound.  The first one is Stack the Deck and it is one of the 3 - one yard quilts though I used a little more fabric than the pattern calls for since I like to make them a decent size for Quilts of Valour.  

This one is made from fat quarters and was a challenge for June with my Heartstrings group.  I chose blues but felt that the selection was a bit dull and drab so threw in some greens to liven it up.  This will also be a Quilt of Valour for our injured Canadian Armed Forces veterans or currently serving members.
I have quilted the four other tops and they are waiting for binding.  I really hope I can get that done this week and have these ready for presentations this month.
The bindings are made.  I need to sit at my machine and get stitching!

I have made my Patterns by Jen block for July and the colour was lime.  I am making a second block with the lights and darks reversed.  I also have my brown strings for July made for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Who knew I had so many brown scraps? On the ironing board below, are a stack of strip sets that are ready to be combined for my rail fences, my second RSC blocks for July. 

And, that is it for the last 10 days.  Not much to show but if I can binding done, I will have a few more finished quilts for you to see. I am keeping my list for July minimal.  

1. Rainbow scrap challenge blocks for July

2. Pattern by Jen for July 

3. Bind and quilt the finished quilts that are patiently waiting

4. Stitch down the applique blocks from June

5. Bind the pink quilts from June

6. Quilt and finish the sunbonnet Sue quilt from We Care

7. Start working on my t-shirt quilt! 

8. Dig out one of my UFO's and figure out the next step.  


No comments:

Post a Comment