Search This Blog

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Rainy, Pacific northwest kind of day.

 Our weather has changed and while we had a very hot day on Thursday, the temperatures changed rapidly.  It is much cooler and wet.  I am holding off on turning on the furnace but have been doing some baking and oven meals this weekend. The oven warms up the kitchen a little and takes the dampness out of the air. I haven't put away my shorts and tank tops yet because with September weather, you never know if I might wear them again. 

I was fairly productive in my sewing studio but the big job was to do a major clean up including dusting and vacuuming.  I work better in a clean and tidy area and really do function better with a "place for everything and everything in its place". 

I worked on my September Rainbow scrap challenge blocks and the strip pieced, 16 patch stars, friendship stars and rail fences are done. 


I also made my Patterns by Jen block of the month and the colour theme was pineapple. 
This quilt came back to me from a long arm quilter in Chilliwack and she quilted the hug blocks quilt that was made earlier this year from blocks that were given to me by Lezley Zwall.  It is ready for donation to Quilts of Valour. 

I made bindings and layered my preemie quilts and hope to get them quilted this week.  I usually do some pretty simple straight line, stitch in the ditch type of quilting so not too challenging. 


 

The blocks I started working with last week got finished while listening to a book on tape.  I have finished the Bridgerton series and listening while sewing is a great plan.  Thank you to all who suggested it.  The top has gone to the long arm quilter who returned the hug block quilt for her to finish for me. 

I am working on a list of projects to take to retreat with me and need to narrow down all my ideas and what I have waiting to be finished.  

In the meantime, have also watched and been impressed with our Canadian players at the U.S. Open this past two weeks.  WOW!  Lots of cheering happening in this house.  We continue to play tennis every weekend day morning that the courts are dry.  

Life is good! 



2 comments:

  1. Lots of fun projects going on, I'm loving the friendship stars with the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a plan for the friendship star blocks but have made half with white background and half with the black. One more month of the rainbow scrap challenge for this year and then I get to play around with the blocks and figure out settings.

    ReplyDelete