Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

February ends and March begins.

 I have so many ideas and projects sitting around my sewing room that I almost feel overwhelmed at times.  However, one project at a time and I am on the last few weeks of being in our winter home.  That means some tidying and organizing must happen as it is so much nicer to return in the fall and not have to guess what I was thinking and planning before we left in the spring. 

A 3 yard quilt, Roman Holiday, got put together although I used more than a yard of each of the fabrics. 

The aqua, teal, black Illusions quilt is also put together.  The original 3 yard quilt pattern got altered and I made a fourth set of blocks.. so actually a 4 yard quilt. 
Roman Holiday flimsy is pressed and ready to head north for quilting.

The Pretty Please 3 yard quilt is also to the flimsy stage and again, more fabric used than the actual pattern requires.  I made more blocks and used both a blue and a red paisley for the main blocks.  The methods in making these blocks is efficient and easy with construction steps simple to understand. 

I saw a quilt top made by Heartstrings "Mary" and copied her forest bricks pattern.  She had combined the reds, grays, blacks/whites and I though it would be a good way to use up some of my extra fabrics and scraps that multiply overnight in my sewing room.   This top is halfway put together and am playing with scraps as my leaders and enders. 
We are on countdown here for leaving our winter home.  Lots of tennis, a tournament coming up next week and then it will be all the usual chores of spraying for termites and bugs, killing weeds, picking the minimal fruit on our orange and grapefruit trees, oiling all the wood furniture, making sure my pantry has everything well sealed etc.  The list is long!  Services to be started at home and cancelled here. One day at a time and with the temperatures warming up, the patio beckons as a place to sit and read after a day on the courts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment