Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

I always seem to have an excuse for not writing but there really isn't one!

 I am constantly amazed at how some of my favourite blogs have new postings daily ... but, as mentioned before, maybe if they are short and to the point, they can do them quickly.  I can't seem to do that so here we go with a month's catch up.

My husband's hemoglobin levels dropped drastically, again, and ferritin levels were low and he was struggling with the basics of life like walking and thinking so a brief hospital stay saw him have 3 units of blood and since then 2 iron infusions.  He is a long way from "normal" levels but he is so much better and in house, "happy husband, happy life" Still waiting for another test for possible blood loss from his small intestine and then we can hopefully see some progress for him in determining a solution. 

Last time I posted was September 10th.  Time to catch you up with what I have accomplished and what is on my design wall or hangers, waiting to be quilted. The following quilts were finished and donated to our guild's We Care program.  There were charm quilts to fill my novelty challenge for September with Heartstrings.  I ended up making four preemie size quilts.


These two quilts were made last spring while I was wintering in Arizona and some of the fabric came from Sally's estate sale.  Sally has since died so these two quilts were made in her memory.
Thomas the Train quilt was also made last spring for the Heartstrings challenge to use happy blocks?  Or maybe to use 10" squares? 
For jelly roll Saturday in September, I pulled out this one and found some squares in my kid's fabric stash and surrounded them to make 'happy blocks'.  This one is now stitched together and waiting for quilting.  Following is a challenge from the modern guild.  At the last guild meeting, we were tossed zip locs of fabric pieces and asked to make a donation quilt.  This is number one from the first bag.
My Kimberly from Kaffe Fasssett fabrics is growing and ready to be stitched together. 
This top is from ziploc bag #2 and again, waiting for the next step.
The Heartstrings challenge for October is charms... and we were told in late September so I got busy and pulled out more 5" kid's squares.  Falling charms is number one that I made. I also have my kid's charms tidied up and together in a container so they will be easy to pull out and work on in the future.  So many charms, so little time!
Of course, I got sidetracked by an idea for using up some of my batik strips.  This is Simplicity II by Cozy quilt designs. 

One of the groups I belong to offered up a challenge that she read about called 99 days.  The idea was to list a completed task every day for the next 99 days.  One of the first tasks I decided to tackle was my guest room.  You see the before picture and a couple of 'after' pictures.  It feels so much nicer to walk in there and have it looking much more organized, clean and tidy.

This is my quilt storage closet.  All of the quilts on the left, floor, are Quilts of Valour and are labelled and registered and waiting to be presented.  The other quilts are either really old and used regularly or are new and am waiting for a perfect place to donate.  The quilts on the top left are all Christmas quilts.  My wallhangings, by seasons, are all on pants hangers and easy to grab and use.
This is pile of quilts that have batting, backing and have been spray basted and are ready for quilting.  My task for the next week is to work on them and be able to add to my accomplishments on my list of 99 days.

I am also working on putting some things away that have been sitting out forever. Another group is having WIPS-B-Gone and I have a few of those that I would love to finish up and move them out of here.  

So there you have it.  I feel like I am being the good wife, some gardening, still watering plants and garden daily because we have had NO RAIN since June, and playing tennis daily, with regular chores added in to my routine.  I will do a separate post on my  99 days. This challenge gives you a different way of looking at what you accomplish and by writing your completed tasks down, it feels good to me even though there are always more things I want to get done that what I actually finish but, it also keeps me on task instead of.. "look, another idea or project to start".  

No comments:

Post a Comment