Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2023

Managing Monday Feb 20th

 As our dreary rainy days continue here in the Pacific northwest, every day we try to have a game plan as to what the best time of day it is to walk if we are going to go to the park.  Our rec center is closed for a few days because they are refinishing the floors so we are forced to figure out Mother Nature and her plans for the weather each day.

We are happy, however, as we are heading to sunnier skies although I hear that the weather in the southwest U.S. is not normal and many windy days mixed in with sun, clouds and rain plus a lot of rain with snow at higher elevations.  Any dry days on the tennis court will be appreciated.

So, lots of lists.  Since this is a short trip because of my husband's January surgery (travel health insurance is a crazy amount of money), we are counting our blessings to be able to get a respite from the Pacific northwest winter days although, I do appreciate the lighter, later evenings and lighter, earlier mornings. 

It is hard to know what to work on when you also know that you are going to be gone from your studio for awhile.  I have been tidying, cleaning and organizing so that on my return, I will know what I was doing and I have 3 quilt tops ready for quilting.  Frankenbatts were made for them and backings are done.  

Our happy blocks have been made into a few preemie quilts plus one for my good friend becoming a Grandma for the first time.  

And Kimberley by Gudrun Designs got quilted and bound.
My PBJ from last year is put together and waiting to be quilted.
Plus, supersized Amalie, another from Gudrun designs is also put together after her sew in a few weeks ago.
Another preemie finished.

A preemie for baby girl is done.
Block from quilts of Valour called Parade are on my design wall as I make them. 
More blocks for Parade being put together.
I also put together a 3 yard quilt that I had cut a kit for last December.  This one was super easy.
The first Parade quilt is put together but I think they want them smaller so will have to remove one row of blocks.  That is ok because they can get added to the other blocks.  Blocks can be mailed to Quilt Canada in Halifax and you can enter a contest to win a sewing machine. 

Three row by rows for February got finished although I have not done the applique stitch around the fused pieces.  I will wait until I have a few more to do and make it a marathon.

So that is February and pretty much all that will probably get done.  There is still a week left in the month but am hoping I spend it playing tennis and being social and not sitting in my sewing room in my "other" house. 




No comments:

Post a Comment