Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2024

Early April and ready to start my projects for the month

 I really have to acknowledge Stephanie - she was the one who suggested the last week of the month be for quilting and then also told me the first week of the month is for 'finishing up'.  I wanted to jump into my list for the month but, I had bindings to finish from last week plus, a stack of 11 quilts taken to the presenter for Quilts of Valour that had to be organized and registered.  Today, I am ready for April! 

I managed to finish 11 quilts that were residing on hangers and waiting patiently!  First there is a 3 yard quilt, Connection now quilted and bound and ready for Quilts of Valour

This quilt is from one of the bags tossed at us at a modern guild meeting and I have it finished and it will go to our Community Quilts program.
I did NOT make this quilt but I quilted and bound it for Quilts of Valour.
My mystery quilt is done!  I think this is the first time I have finished one of the Meadowland mysteries in a timely manner.  I am donating this to Quilts of Valour.
This smaller quilt was made from the leftovers of the quilt posted already... and not much fabric left after I squeezed these blocks out of the scraps.
Two bento boxes are quilted and bound and will head to either Ronald McDonald house or Canuck place both residences for out of town families with children needing medical care in Vancouver. 

This is another quilt I did NOT make... but I did quilt and bind it and it has already been presented to a deserving veteran of the Canadian Armed Forces. 
Urban Chic is completed and has gone to Quilts of Valour for presenting to an injured member of the Canadian Armed Forces.
My Solstice (Pat Sloan pattern) is FINALLY finished and it makes me happy to have this off a hanger.  I started in 2016 and really couldn't figure out to set the blocks to make the size of quilt that I prefer.  She designed it to be much larger which doesn't for me for donation.  But, it is done! 
This Rainbow scrap challenge using strips is finished and also been donated to Quilts of Valour.
One of my evening projects while watching tv with my husband is to sort out my selvedge container.  These are all strips cut off from the backing fabrics used in finishing my quilts.  It is overflowing... and needs to be sorted out.  My husband uses some of these for tying up plants in the garden and some of them would be good for someone collecting selvedges for their projects.  One evening, this will get tidied and organized.
My last batch of orphan blocks and am leaving up for awhile because I might just find a few more to add to these. 
One of the projects on my April list is to get these blocks made in Mesa in February stitched into a quilt top for Quilts of Valour.  I have a panel that I want to try and put with them. 
This was the second group of orphan blocks that are being sent to Quilts for Survivors (of residential schools in Canada).  A great way to move blocks from containers to being useful in quilts. The challenge was to get the smaller blocks into a 12.5" size.  Mission accomplished. 
For a lovely spring note... the manure that our friend so graciously offered to pick up and deliver to us is now spread all over the flower and vegetable gardens so that the good stuff in it can leach into the soil and hopefully give us some glorious colour and bountiful harvest this summer. 
Enjoy the April sunshine and appreciate the rain that might come. We need both for our environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment