Search This Blog

Monday, July 29, 2013

End of the month - already!


This cute Patchabilities wall hanging of our Canadian flag is ready for next July 1st.  I think it needs some stipple quilting in the background to make the flag pop out a bit.  Looks a bit flat.  My border might have been a poor choice, competes with the flag?




On Saturday, I spent the morning with some quilters from the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild and we put together a quilt top and backing for a signature guild quilt for them to take to the gathering of modern guilds in Portland next month.  I did not sew but I trimmed blocks and put them on the design wall. 




And finally, this is what is currently on my design wall.  This kit jumped out at me during a visit to the vendor's mall at the Fraser Valley guild quilt show in June.  It is a kit from Hamel's in Chilliwack.


No comments:

Post a Comment