Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Ending the month with sunshine and some new projects



These are some of the blocks that have been handed in to me from the hugs in a mug for Quilts of Valour.  Gives me ideas for what fabric choices to use for the next sets that I make.  Thanks to all of your who are contributing and donating to Quilts of Valour.


This was yesterday's project.  I saw a method online using charm packs for 9 patches and then slicing diagonally and adding in a strip of fabric so played with a charm pack that I had on hand.  Now, I need more of those charm packs and found two at my local quilt shop!



On Wednesday, Marge showed us a Turning Twenty quilt and said she made it in a couple of days so grabbed 20 fat quarters and started cutting yesterday afternoon and laid out my blocks.  Ready to stitch the rows together.

But,, first I have some bindings to make and a two quilts that need quilting for my good friend Annie B who has had a second stroke.  And, I got motivated to cut out the fabric for a kit I had purchased for half price with football fabrics!



Time to get my machine purrrrring!

No comments:

Post a Comment