Search This Blog

Monday, September 8, 2014

Working away but not getting very far

I have been trying to get organized and make up some mugs with fabric and instructions for a block that will be used in Hugs Across the Nation for Quilts of Valour.
For more information, check out www.quiltsofvalour.ca and you can see what quilters are making across Canada.  Each mug will cost you $5 and you make the block, give it back to me or mail to QOV in Edmonton for inclusion in quilts for wounded soldiers.
A great idea and was really successful at Quilts Canada so some of us reps decided to give our local quilters the opportunity to participate in the program.





I completed a sample for Hamel's quilting, Coastal Bliss.  A beautiful quilt but not for beginner quilters!  The kit is available at the store and this is the sample you will see hanging to go with it.  The fabrics are beautiful and are very "west coast and/or aboriginal".


I have made a door prize for modern guild meeting on Thursday.  Looks crooked but when I measure, it isn't?  Must be my camera angle? 



No comments:

Post a Comment