Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

An old UFO bites the dust

This is a Christmas quilt made from some really old blocks.. so old that I don't remember what swap they are from but if my name hadn't come up as "Queen" in my UFO group, I would have never taken the time to put them togehter.  One block is made incorrectly, two blocks just don't 'go' with the rest but they were made, sitting there although they were various measurements... very few were an accurate 12½".  I found fabrics in my limited stash here in Arizona and decided to border them with red and green, trimming them to a consistent size, and then alternate the colours.  I added in a narrow and a wider border and got it layered, quilted and bound and it makes a perfect sofa quilt.  If anyone remembers this block swap, let me know!  It was from at least 15 years ago.  And maybe much longer than that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment