Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Home for spring, summer and fall.

 We left our winter home and was sad to say goodbye to the glorious spring colours.


Autumn Joy, a kit from Connecting Threads is finished.  I notice the picture is upside down.  Oh well... it is at my other home so can't take another picture.


I started this last summer and was hoping to have it finished for U.S. thanksgiving in November but it didn't happen.  However, am ready for this year.


My latest solstice block - a weekly block program with Pat Sloan.


A fun project using jolly bars.  Of course, one package isn't enough for a decent size quilt so went through some fabrics that I had in my AZ stash and found some that would work.  The blocks are made but need to be stitched together into a quilt top.


And, staying up to date with my 150 Women's blocks.  These are last week's blocks and I downloaded the next three this morning so need to get busy and start stitching.


This batik table runner was simple and quick to do.  I bought a quick quilt on sale at Quilter's Oasis a month ago and got the top made.  It will wait for layering, quilting and binding until the fall.

 An Atkinson quilt pattern - Texas Two step.  I used leftover fun fabrics to make some blocks.  One top is put together for a child's quilt and have more blocks to make another quilt as well.  I think that these will be made for donation through Abbotsford Quilter's guild.


This is finished though this picture was taken before I did the stitching.

My solstice blocks on the design wall.  

Now that I am back in my "other" home, I will be able to easily take pictures and upload with my desktop computer and hopefully post more frequently.  I have a lot of projects on the go and posting to the blog helps me to have some focus.  Not happy with the rain but it is perfect weather to get some of my winter projects completed.

2 comments:

  1. We will miss you in AZ. Our new longarm quilting machine will be waiting for you to return. BTW. Our old one is finally sold!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, they sold the old one? Wow... am impressed and hope that the new one isn't nearly as nasty for learning how to load and how to use the machine! Am excited to get back and have a lesson. Thanks for letting me know.

      Delete